Cat Friendly Clinic - Gold Level
As a result of our commitment to excellent care of cats and their owners, Moor Cottage Veterinary Hospital is officially accredited by International Cat Care (iCatCare) as a Cat Friendly Clinic at the Gold Level.
We understand that cats are not just small dogs! Cats not only have a range of diseases which are different to those of their canine cousins, but they also have different temperaments and need to be handled and treated in a different way.
Bringing your cat to the vet can be stressful for you and for your cat. Here at Moor Cottage Veterinary Hospital we do all we can to minimise the difficulties that cats and their owners might encounter when they come to see us. Our staff are trained to be aware of the needs of cats and their owners, and we have put in place not only the necessary facilities but also ways of working, in order to make any visit with your cat as stress-free as possible.
A spacious, quiet, off-street car park for stress-free transfer to the our own cat reception area.
A warm welcome at reception, with the option of a privacy cover for your cat’s basket.
A separate cat waiting area, allowing your cat to relax in his or her basket, out of sight of other animals.
To fully demonstrate our commitment to our feline friends we have invested in the following facilities:
- a fully appointed cat-friendly cat ward
- extra large cat kennels
- comfortable, cosy bedding
- a variety of types of cat litter
- cat-friendly toys
- cat weighing scales
- privacy covers for kennel doors, if needed
- isolation ward fully appointed for hospitalisation of infectious cases
- a quiet examination room for individual, private assessment of in-patients
- superbly equipped intensive care unit for critically ill patients
- state-of-the-art diagnostic and surgical facilities which cater for cats’ smaller different anatomy and physiology