At Moor Cottage Vets, our wards are supervised by our Veterinary Nurses day and night, providing excellent care for all our in-patients. If a patient requires intensive care then we have the facilities and the qualified staff to ensure constant monitoring and treatment as needed. A member of the Moor Cottage Vet Team is always on call for our in-patients meaning that there is always a continuity of care for our hospitalised patients. We strive on providing high quality service and care for our patients, so rest assured your pet is in good hands at Moor Cottage Vets.
Some our features of the hospital ward are fantastic, they include:
- Separate cat and dog wards with a segregated and screened rabbit section in the cat ward.
- Intensive care oxygen cage: the temperature, humidity and oxygen can be controlled helping some of our more delicate and poorly patients.
- Stress reducing pheromone vaporisers used in these areas: species-specific (also used in the waiting rooms).
- Variety of cage and kennel sizes dependant on patient’s needs.
- All stainless steel cage and kennelling allows for optimum cleaning and thus reducing infection risk.
- Kennels and cages positioned and screened in such a way that individual patients are never face-to-face and thus avoids potential confrontation and stress for our pets.
- Lighting can be reduced to low levels again to reduce stress for our patients.
- Comfortable ambient temperature kept steady with climate control units.
- Background music available to help keep the calm atmosphere within the wards.
- Independent oxygen supply can be provided for any kennel as needed.
- Computer and telephone terminals within the ward area means that the nurse does not have to leave the wards and thus can maintain a constant presence there.